Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Big Lebowski

For no particular reason, I was thinking about this movie. It is one of my favorites, from the Cohen brothers, who have made LOTS of great movies. But this one is just so quirky and funny. The Dude Abides, indeed.

I guess I just sometimes wish I were The Dude, takin 'er easy for all of us sinners, as the man said. Well, I'm not, and I have a real life with responsibilities (some of whom I love more than life itself!) but I can drink White Russians, and relax in other Duderific ways and laugh at this crazy Chandleresque burlesque....

1 comment:

Sapphire963@gmail.com said...

Hey thanks for honoring this film in your blog. I was impressed that this is in your top faves--so are some of mine--Apocalypse Now, Shawshank Redemption, etc. I can't tell you the number of times I've seen "TBL" but each time I see it is a pleasure.