Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Downside of Working

Of course, I'm glad to have a job again. As the sole breadwinner and head of a household, losing your job is like having the rug pulled out from under you. So getting a job with benefits and all the trimmings is great, especially in the worst economic environment we've seen since the '70s, or maybe even the '30s. So, don't get me wrong....

But, I leave home early in the morning, often dropping Juliet off at school, and don't usually return until 7pm, which is her bedtime. So I see very little of her. And I only see Candice for a few hours in the evening, when she is usually exhausted. As Candice said, "it's an adjustment" from being around all the time.

It will be easier when I can work at home more often, since then I can at least be at home for an hour or two in the evening before Juliet goes to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you landed on your feet. grats.

- Adrian